Sunday, December 12, 2010

Day 14

Charles De Gaulle

Today, Christie, Megan, Olivia, Amanda, and I got breakfast at the hotel and then went back to the Charles de Gaulle airport to go home. None of us wanted to go home. If only we had time to visit Champs Elysees, Chateau de Chantilly, Arc de Triomphe, Musee d’Orsay, and everything else. But if I stayed any longer I would’ve become very homesick.

So while we were waiting for our flight, we had a wonderful lunch at the Charles de Gaulle airport in one of their fine restaurants. We finally boarded our flight and I really wanted the window seat this time. We all got to sit in the same row. We all got drinks and snacks on the plane. Christie, Megan, Olivia, and Amanda were all talking. I was getting caught up on my reading. Our plane landed in the JFK airport in New York.

We had another fine meal for dinner in a restaurant in the JFK airport in New York while we were waiting for almost 3 hours for our next flight. This time, Christie wanted the window seat. Christie, Megan, Olivia, and Amanda still talked and I still read. This flight was much quicker. When we arrived in RDU, we got our luggage and left in a taxi together. We all went home and told our families and friends about one of our greatest vacations ever – A Fortnight in France.

-Monica

1 comment:

  1. Two weeks in France sound wonderful. I've always wanted to spend so much time there. Regards from Hotel Charles de Gaulle

    ReplyDelete